Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: OK electrical guys...cars throwing code 9...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My blown GSR's throwing code 9 which is cylinder #1 position sensor... I check the Hanes(I know but it was quick) and it says to check pins #4 & #8 on the distributer harness to see if I get the spec .5-1.0 kilo ohms. I get .448 kilo ohms. So I go on to check the TDC sensor(.452 kilo ohms) and the CKP sensor which reads in the same range under the bottom spec .5 ... It gos on to say to check for continuity to ground on the same pins..."continuity should NOT exist". I feel kinda stupid asking, but what is "continuity to ground", and how do I check it? Thoughts on my problem people?


    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC w/hand ported plenum, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, B&M CommandFlo regulator(working it out), stock intake w/resinator cut off at fenderwell for "cool air", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, Neuspeed springs(sux!), Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar, ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, Yokohama AVS 205/50/15's, Metal Master brake pads(KVR Carbon Fibre pads sitting on work bench) ,B&M fuel pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location...

    YLW 00' ITR #00-1011 with AEM CAI and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...

    Get paid to surf the Web!!! http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=TUD-039

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good luck with this one. More than likely you are going to find you are dealing w/ a code 90 instead! And I quite frankly have just learned to live with it. I have tried everything under the sun and nothing works. I too thought it was a code 9 and had the dealership change out the distributor for a new one. No dice. Figure this one out and you become my new hero! biggrin

    ------------------
    1992 Red Honda Civic CX Hatch Back
    1998 Super Sonic Blue Integra GS-R
    Minor bolt ons include:
    Jrsc 6psi.. blah.. blah .. blah..
    best 1320: 13.86 @101.82 on street tires

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SSGSRSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2000
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im your hero!.....I had the same thing..and it was my gas cap!......Make sure to tighten MORE than Three clicks...it solved my problem!

    It was my problem for nearly 6 months!...not no more!

    Code 90 on a obd-2

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nope you are not my hero!!! I even replaced my gas cap biggrin, while I was at it, replace the purge solenoid, canister, distributor, put in a check valve, replace the canister valve, ran vacuum test in the fuel system. Arggh.. I give up, I absolutely hate OBD2, when I transplant my heart and soul into the civic I am going to use obd1, less head aches. Trade this puppy in in stock form and let the next person worry about the light. I hope to be cruzing in a 00' TL soon! (that's what the jefita wants .. good choice biggrin)

    ------------------
    1992 Red Honda Civic CX Hatch Back
    1998 Super Sonic Blue Integra GS-R
    Minor bolt ons include:
    Jrsc 6psi.. blah.. blah .. blah..
    best 1320: 13.86 @101.82 on street tires

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gmullin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 1999
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah that code 90 is a biotch. I got lucky and we caught the problem after looking at it a few times. Hope yours isn't a code 90, they are tough to get rid of!!

    If it -is- a code 90, my problem was a overly crimped purge solenoid. The connector had cut through one of the wires. New connector, no more engine code...

    Good luck.

    ------------------
    '96 Integra GS-R w/JRSC, JR fuel pump,Iceman Street intake,Axxis Metal Master pads,J&S Safeguard,Eibach Springs,Tokico Illumina shocks,Quaife LSD,Clutch Masters Stage III clutch,CM aluminum flywheel,DC Sports Ceramic Headers,Dunlop SP8000 205/40/17 tires,Enkei 17" wheels,PIAA 1200 lights

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •